December 20, 2010

A place to come back to.

I am seeing so much nowadays, but it has long been a habit of mine to 'un'keep or 'mis'keep. I can hardly name the habit as something fortunate or otherwise, as it was/is the way things were/are. More usefully perhaps, the habit may be an index of experience, i.e. could the habit of 'un'keeping be an archive, or a tracing of, the restless activity of a body compelled to move? If so, then a relevant analogy is invisible ink--where experience in written but seems to disappear--in which case sight and experience are not 'un'kept but 'mis'kept, and I feel a revitalised hope and curiosity to recover something.

Physically I find the best way to recover, is actually to see and make more clearly in the present. I am currently writing my thesis on special effects and animation. The process will continue for another half a year. Till then I would like to archive things I see--in my work and work out there--so I at least keep tilling my art practice and my eye till I can return to it with more time. To write a little bit for myself and for art will be a strong support as well as an incentive to remain focused and productive in the present.

No comments: